Sr. Quality Specialist
- Supervise and direct employees’ daily activities
- Set goals and conduct annual performance reviews
- Train employees in fundamentals of production inspection
- Work with other departments setting priorities, monitor workflow, and address quality issues
- Provide business metrics such as First Pass Yield, Customer and Supplier DPPM,etc.
- Support manufacturing and engineering to maintain product quality standards
- Oversee the CIRCOR Quality Management System (CQMS)
- Assist with external audits from ASME, National Board, IS, etc.
- Conduct internal audits
- Work with procurement in supplier qualification and development programs
- Participate in Continuous Improvement Initiatives such as problem solving, kaizens, value stream mapping, and root cause corrective actions
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND COMPETENCIES
- Experience supervising or managing people
- Experience working in a quality / inspection function
- Results oriented, with sound judgment.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and strategic skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with inspection tools/gages (calipers, micrometers, ring/plug, height, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of GD&T and interpreting drawing requirements
- Solid computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 3years’relevant experience in manufacturing environment or 5years’ experience in a machine shop environment in a Quality role.
- US Persons Only (US citizens, lawful permanent residents, refugee or asylee –all require proper identification and documentation)
- Physical and Environmental Requirements: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
- Work environment includes front-office and manufacturing. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Pre-Employment Verifications: Must pass background and reference checks, drug screen, and
- physical examination prior to employment.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com