Sr. Project Engineer
The Project Engineer is responsible for leading cross functional teams in the development, production launch, and manufacturing improvements of Commercial Truck products. This position will support the Industrialization groups’ activities in our NA facilities.
- Establishes project objectives by analyzing proposals and collaborating with management.
- Possesses a high level of technical aptitude to provide technical project insight, advice and support.
- Ability to take on a wide variety of job functions within a project including hands-on technical support.
- Establishing project plan by determining time frame, funding, savings, and staffing; approving project schedule.
- Establishes and achieves financial objectives by preparing a project budget; scheduling and approving expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Confirms project performance by establishing standards; testing requirements.
- Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Accountable for delivering project objectives.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Controls project plan and schedule changes. Monitors scope of project/project and the need for management attention.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering required or equivalent years’ experience.
- 5-7+ years’ experience in manufacturing engineering is required, including multiple functions such as experience in operations, materials, quality, sales, and project management is a benefit.
- PMP certification is preferred.
- Expert knowledge of CNC machining, complex automation with PLC background, special machines, simple to complex tooling systems, hydraulics, pneumatics and robotics preferred.
- Industry working knowledge in automotive drivetrain components.
- Strong technical knowledge base of metal based processes (machining, forming, forging’ welding, etc.).
- Demonstrated management, leadership and communication skills are required.
- Hands-on experience in the launch of a new product and/or manufacturing process is required.
- Experience using Concept to Customer methodology or equivalent APQP or Project Management Life Cycle process is required.
- Must be a US citizen or equivalent to meet Export Compliance regulations (i.e. ITAR compliant).