THIS POSITION IS FOR THE HOWELL, MI PLANT. PROGRAM OFFICE
Role and Responsibilities
- Under direct supervision, the Receptionist will be responsible for attending to visitors and dealing with inquiries on the phone and face-to-face.
- Supply information regarding the organization to the public, clients and customers.
- Including but not limited to:
- Answer telephone (by the second ring), screen and direct calls. If multiple calls are coming in you will need to put calls on hold to answer each call in a timely manner.
- Take and relay messages. When taking messages, please use the while you were out message pads, and hand deliver the message to the correct person. If you transfer a call to a voicemail, follow up with the correct person to make certain that they have gotten the message.
- Provide correct information to callers. If you are unsure of the answer, seek out assistance from other office personnel.
- Greet persons entering organization; insure that all visitors entering the building complete the sign in/out form.
- Direct persons to correct destination.
- Tidy and maintain the reception area, which includes watering plants.
- Create HR packets for Insurance and New Hires.
- Scan and update Production Charts, Inspection Records, Heat Treat Scans, First Piece / Gauge Request Log, ECN Scans, creation of green file folders, Production Chart calculation, and other duties as assigned.
- Provide administrative assistance as needed.
- Equipment Used – Personal computer and related equipment (databases, spread sheets, word processing, monitor, keyboard, etc.); telephone; shredding machine; printer; copier; fax; files; storage cabinets; calculator.
- Software used – Microsoft Office Word/Excel and Outlook, Internet Explorer
- Environmental Conditions – Office setting; overhead and indirect lighting; fluctuating internal climate control; some exposure to weather fluctuations when running errands.
- Physical Requirements – Sitting for extended periods; prolonged exposure to computer monitors; must prioritize well and focus on completion of assigned tasks; maintains a positive and objective “customer service” approach and attitude even when confronted with difficult situations.
- Accountability – Takes personal responsibility for all work activities and personal actions and acknowledges mistakes and failures without blaming others.
- Client/Customer Service Orientation -Takes personal responsibility for dealing with and/or correcting customer service issues and concerns.
- Dependability/Efficiency – Strives to complete activities/projects in a timely manner on or before scheduled deadlines with minimal errors.
- Interpersonal Skills – Demonstrates an ability to work effectively with others employing self-regulation to manage interactions with other students and staff.
- Respect and Valuing Diversity – Demonstrates the ability to recognize, understand, accept and appreciate the value of workplace diversity; respects the practices, values, and points of view of other individuals and groups.
- Ethics – Demonstrates the ability to adhere to an appropriate and effective set of core values and beliefs and to act in line with those values.
- Quality Assurance/Attention to Detail – Accomplishes tasks through concern for all aspects of the job, no matter how small. Accurately checks processes and tasks and follows up.
Daily routine requirements:
- Arrive for scheduled work hours promptly. If you leave your desk during the day, you must notify the Administrative Assistant and/or Office Coordinator so that proper coverage can be assigned.
- Dress code minimum – business casual; no cutoff skirts, pants or tops, ragged jeans, t-shirts or tank tops.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED
- Three to five years’ work experience in an Administrative position or a combination of education, training and experience which provides the desired knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the job.
- Knowledge of business principles.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org