.NET Senior Software Engineer
We are looking for a highly motivated senior developer to join our team developing and delivering solutions for our clients. The role requires solid hands on background in all aspects of software development and delivery. The successful candidate will have a track record of delivering complex projects from inception to completion and possess strong business analysis skills. Good communications skills are required to work with clients in determining requirements and designing appropriate technical solutions.
- Development and support of client server and .NET web applications
- Communicate with internal and external clients to elicit requirements
- Design, analyze, and optimize code base using proven best-practice algorithms and data structures
- Deliver expert, hands-on technical support for urgent troubleshooting
- Mentor team members to provide quality technical deliverables and timely support resolutions
- Actively participate in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- For projects where you are responsible for the solution design, work closely with Product Management and other business team members to ensure your design meets customer needs.
- Contribute to new architectures and design
- Use various methods to ensure the quality of your code: writing unit tests, performing code inspections with your peers, integration testing, performance testing and assisting QA.
- Demonstrate excellent engineering practices and be able to share and promote these practices within the team.
- BA/BS degree (Computer Science, MIS degrees preferred)
- 8+ years of experience designing and building enterprise services that are reliable and scalable
- 7+ years of .Net and C# experience.
- 5+ years database experience with TSQL (SQL Server) and/or PLSQL/Oracle
- Knowledge of design patterns eg. MVVM, MVC, Responsive design etc.
- Experience with third party controls such as Kendo UI, DevExpress, Infragatics.
- Experience in Entity Framework or similar object-relational mapper.
- Comfortable in a highly collaborative agile working environment
- Proven ability to design and develop large scale, complex applications
- Proven ability to provide technical leadership as well as active mentoring of more junior developers
- Financial services experience would be helpful
- Self-motivated and deadline focused
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills