Mortgage Processor II
Responsible for handling a pipeline of real estate loans from the time they cleared to close to the time they are funded and submitted for quality control.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Sets mortgage rates according to established guidelines.
- Processes rate locks and sets mortgage rates for closings.
- Ensures loans are priced accurately.
- Takes out mortgage commitments with Client.
- Delivers loans to investors according to the established timeframe.
- Coordinate mortgage closings with all pertinent parties.
- Resolve any open conditions.
- Obtain final Mortgage Insurance Certificate when required.
- Prepare payoff letters when required.
- Obtain copy of current homeowner’s insurance and flood insurance (if applicable) and make sure mortgage clause is in favor of credit union.
- Prepares Final Closing Disclosure on Mortgages.
- Validate interest rate and ensure any rate locks have not expired.
- Prepare loan closing documents for Mortgages.
- Review signed documents.
- Track signed closing packages for delivery from settlement agents or FSRs.
- Review documents for accuracy and compliance.
- Update reports for investor income and mortgage funding results
- Process wire transfers.
- Book Mortgages to appropriate system and complete Post-Closing Checklist.
- Scan file to imaging system and prepare the file for Quality Assurance.
- Perform responsibilities of position in accordance with federal and state regulations as well as credit union policies and procedures.
- Assist in training new employees.
- Recommend changes to improve workflow, efficiencies and quality.
- Meet Core Comp Requirements.
- Meet or exceed the objectives set for accuracy, volume and profitability of all real estate loans as well as meet or exceed established service level and business unit strategic goals.
- Collaborate effectively with branch personnel, processors and other underwriters to ensure that loan applications are fully completed, the necessary supporting documentation is received, and the loan closes properly.
- Work together with all areas of lending including origination, consumer lending, servicing, and collections to ensure an efficient, effective team based division.
- Participate in department and/or strategic projects as directed.
- Serve as a resource on real estate products/services of the Credit Union; respond to internal and external loan related member questions & research; may provide guidance on real estate lending practices, loan policies and procedures.
- Recommend operational procedures to increase effectiveness of department operations
- Performs other related and unrelated duties as requested and therefore required.
Performance is measured against the core competencies as outlined by the position and against goals established by the supervisor.
- Some college preferred plus two to three years’ experience in home equity processing; or a comparable combination of education and experience.
- RESPA and TILA guidelines. Must have excellent communication skills.
- This position requires that the employee gain a working knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) requirements and how they will affect their work. The employee will comply with all requirements of the BSA and cooperate with the designated BSA Officer in assuring compliance.
- Using PC based software including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Processing home equities, preparing closing documents, funding loans.
- Client experience is preferred
- Strong attention to detail. Ability to prioritize. Must project a professional appearance and positive attitude at all times.
- Must be team oriented.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org