Infrastructure Project Manager Data Center, Network, LAN-WAN
Under general direction, responsible for all aspects of the development and implementation of IT projects.
Provides a single point of contact for those projects. May be assigned to projects in process or projects requiring an end-to-end approach-from original concept through final implementation.
This position will be responsible for managing several projects and/or projects with in a program. The ideal candidate must have infrastructure experience in multiple technology domains along with excellent problem solving and communication skills. They must maintain multiple relationships between the Business organizations and IT organizations in order to identify the customer needs and requirements.
Develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports taking into consideration the unique aspects related to integration and separation projects. Conducts project meetings and is responsible for project tracking and analysis. Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables. Manages the integration of vendor tasks and tracks and reviews vendor deliverables. Provides technical and analytical guidance to project team. Recommends and takes action to direct the analysis and solutions of problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This position is responsible to:
- Execute individual project and/or projects with a program
- Provide project management services as assigned
- Prepare detailed scope documentation and cost estimates
- Manage / execute projects
- Prepare and perform communication plans
- Manage project artifacts on standard tools
- Produce monthly status reports and metrics
- Assist Infrastructure teams with resource planning
- Work with the leadership team on PM related assignments
- Provide Project Management for cross-functional projects spanning multiple teams, as assigned
- Ensure that objectives and project deliverable are accomplished on time
- Travel is seldom required (5 – 10%)
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) in computer science or a related field.
- PMP certification is preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- 10+ years’ experience in IT project management, requirements definition and/or deployment of business requirements to information systems.
- Prior experience in leading IT project management initiatives related to the development of the department of Anesthesia is a plus
- MS Office including Visio, MS Project, SharePoint
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Proven project management skills spanning application and infrastructure solutions
- Full lifecycle solution development / delivery experience including transition and support
- Experience in multiple technology domains (networks, Telephony, servers, storage, middleware, security, messaging, data bases, applications, etc.) – emphasis on IP related experience
- Strong organizational, leadership, problem solving and influencing skills
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication
- Sensitivity to the multi-cultural characteristics of the global IT organization
- Knowledge of the following systems: Inspyrus, SharePoint 365, Microsoft Project, Visio and ServiceNow (or similar project management tool).
- Separation of existing business imaging technology solutions (such as Oracle Imaging systems) as a result of a divestiture and/or merger
- Advanced knowledge of building system solutions or business applications.
- Highly knowledgeable of funding proposals.
- Very strong writing, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Collaborative, customer-focused and able to create visible value.
- Experience with intra-department projects as well as projects with sponsors external to IT is required (specifically project management of initiatives related to cloning and migrating applications between data centers and site migrations).
- Extensive knowledge of the methods and techniques of information technology, including systems analysis and design, telecommunications, computer operations and programming and the use and limitations of all types of computer equipment.
- Knowledge of .Net software development tools.
- Extensive knowledge of cost and budgetary controls procedures.
- Demonstrated skill in the successful completion of multiple, simultaneous and rapidly emergent tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new technologies.
- Ability to plan for IT projects, including planning for cost, personnel and equipment needs.
- Ability to analyze operations and organize their parts into a logical system.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and
- Experience in direct support of business organizations