Head of Retail
About The Role
The Head of retail is responsible for planning, opening and managing ongoing operations of all retail shops and carts on the park site. This includes Profit and Loss management, merchandising, development of staff, staffing budgets, retail information systems, and managing relationships with vendor partners.
- Responsible for directing and delivering efficient day-to-day operations and sales excellence while ensuring a safe and fun environment for both guests and employees in all Retail areas of the park.
- Create a culture of selling, to drive revenue and profit.
- Creates effective schedules and controls labor appropriately.
- Manage and develop relationships with our third party partners.
- Identify new business and revenue streams, including VIP and Fast Track services.
- Serves as an active leader of the retail management team.
- The ideal candidate will have three to five years of progressive experience in retail operation, preferably in a theme park, high quality toy store or related industry.
- A minimum of three additional years of demonstrated retail store management experience with P/L responsibility.
- This position requires a demonstrated track record of success in managing a high quality, specialized retail program. Multiple locations experience a plus.
- Knowledge of computer systems, including point-of-sale and related retail and inventory management systems.
- In-depth knowledge of budgeting and scheduling, loss prevention and cash management.
- Effective leadership, staff development, organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- This position requires a commitment to excellence in guest service, merchandising and sales. Strong guest service, interpersonal and supervisory skills.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends to support park operations.