Business Intelligence Architect
The primary responsibility for setting the strategy and vision and for managing the day-to-day tactical operations of the Data & Analytics teams. He/she will be responsible for all strategic, tactical, operational, financial, human, and technical resource managerial responsibilities associated with the following BI and BI-related
- Data preparation (sourcing, acquisition, integration)
- BI governance (may be same or separate from Data Governance)
- Reporting, analytics, data exploration
- Clear understanding and a buy in into the company’s business strategy
- A degree in computer science, mathematics, operations, management, or a related field is required.
- A minimum of 15 years of progressively responsible experience in a directly related area, during which both professional and management capabilities have been clearly demonstrated.
- Industry/domain skills:
- Extensive expertise in Manufacturing domain
- Extensive expertise in ETL tools, such as SSIS, Informatica, or Talend and related technical Big Data Platforms.
- Extensive expertise in data modeling, both logical and physical.
- Extensive experience in multidimensional data modeling, such as star schemas, snowflakes, denormalized models, handling “slow-changing” dimensions/attributes
- Extensive expertise with business and technical requirements analysis, business process odeling/mapping, and data mapping.
- Extensive expertise in developing enterprise and solution level architectural designs.
- Experience and understanding of a wide variety of analytical processes (governance, measurement, etc.).
- Experience with relational – SQL – and multidimensional – MDX – query languages
- Experience with agile software development.
- Experience with business driven / self-service BI
- Experience in designing solutions for multiple large data warehouses with a good understanding of cluster and parallel architecture as well as high-scale or distributed RDBMS and/or knowledge on NoSQL platforms
- Experience with Architecture patterns and practices (ex. Web architectures, cloud computing, data architecture)
- Experience as Architecture leader for a data warehouse and/or data lake required.
- Experience with a variety of Hadoop tools such as Hive, Spark , Sqoop
- Hortonworks Certified Hadoop System Administrator.
- Hands on experience with Scala.
- Hands on relational database experience (MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server) is beneficial
- Hands on experience in working with Hadoop ecosystems
- Experience with the Linux operating system & commands
- A solid understanding of open source software development tools and solutions. Strong analytical skills with open source solutions
- A solid understanding of data security and privacy technologies
- A solid understanding of key BI trends.
- A solid understanding of leading edge technologies and best practices such as Hadoop and Big Data
- A solid understanding of the BI vendor landscape
- A solid understanding of mobile delivery architecture and best practices
- A solid understanding of Customer Experience (CX) technologies
- Good to have experience with data science, statistical analysis, data mining and predictive algorithms
- Good level of Master Data Management (MDM) concepts, software and processes.
General business skills:
- Excellent oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent writing and documentation skills
- Able to communicate ideas in both technical and business-friendly language.
- Able to conduct research into application integration issues and products.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Architecture experience in defining the outline for a team-wide development
- Anticipates and manages technology evolution and relates it to business solutions. Sets direction based on alignment to business and overall technology standards.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com