APQP Quality Engineer
- Coordinate the preparation and on-time delivery of Launch APQP / PPAP deliverables for the Fletcher and Forest City manufacturing plants.
- Develop a comprehensive APQP timeline for new product launches (Fletcher and FC)
- Ensure development of the Prototype, Pre-Production and Production Control Plans (for DV Release, PV Release and Customer Part Approval key measures).
- Develop the Measurement System Analysis Plan for the program:
- Negotiate, together with our Engineering and Program Managers, acceptable GD&T targets and acceptances.
- Evaluate the gaging strategy required to meet the GD&T.
- Ensure that Gage Studies (Gage R&R, Bias, Linearity and Stability) are conducted on all gaging used on the program and that appropriate corrective actions are taken to improve Gage R&R where data indicates.
- Ensure the Manufacturing Quality Systems for the Prototype and Pre-Production builds (e.g., Operation Instructions, Incoming Inspection Instructions, Containment Instructions, etc.) are specified on the Control Plan.
- Ensure known unacceptable product conditions are listed on the Containment / Safe Launch Checklist for End-of-Line and Containment Inspections.
- Review Capability Studies and document for all program critical characteristics and ensure that Engineering requirements are met.
- Ensure dimensional verification. Ensure dimensional data is properly gathered in accordance with the Engineering requirements and product drawings / GD&T / gaging / fixturing / CMM-Metrology, compile the data into useful acceptable / unacceptable conditions, and develop root causes and corrective actions with the development team to counteract any resulting.
- Ensure that appropriate statistical methods are utilized throughout the Product and Process Development process and comprehended, where necessary, into the Control Plan.
- Complete all other Customer-specific Advance Product Quality Planning requirements.
- Builds Team Orientation
- Creates Change (Relentlessly Innovates & Improves)
- Emphasizes Customer Focus
- Promotes Core Values
- Promotes Organizational Learning
- A BS degree (preferably in a BSEE technical field of study) and 3 or more years of post-degree Quality Engineering experience.
- ASQC/CQM/CQE certification preferred.
- Specific education / training and applied experience in Quality disciplines is required, including (at a minimum):IATF16949, Continuous Improvement, Total Quality Management, AIAG Advanced Quality Planning, PPAP, D/PFMEAs, Control Plans, DOEs, MSA/gaging/fixturing, Dimensional layouts, Manufacturing Quality Systems and SPC.
- Must demonstrate solid skills in communication, interpersonal relations, ability to work well in several teams at once, and ability to inspire individuals to improve performance.
- Bachelor’s Level Degree
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com