The COVID-19 pandemic has undoubtedly been tough for recruiters and recruitment firms. From adopting to virtual hiring to learning how to onboard a remote workforce, this pandemic has ultimately changed recruiting forever. So here are 3 ways that recruitment has changed forever:
- Digital Recruitment is here to say
- The first element of digital recruitment that will stay is Online interviews.” Job interviews will largely continue to be conducted virtually,” said Candace Nicolls, SHRM-SCP, senior vice president of people and workplace at Snagajob.
2. AI recruiting is by far the easiest way to recruit in 2021. Putting flyers at your local store or church doesn’t work as well as it used to.
3. Virtual job fair’s is much easier compared to in-person job fairs because in virtual job fairs, it takes much less time
- Removes bias within the hiring process
According to Forbes, If there’s anywhere bias should not be present, it’s in the screening and hiring process. AI tools can help eliminate bias through data, objectivity and predictive models.
Recruiters Will Expand Skill Sets
According to a LinkedIn survey, The #1 skill for recruiters to embrace in 2021 is adaptability. Recruiters are adapting to bringing clarity to talent data, reshaping employer branding and fine-tuning the virtual hiring process.”
“We saw recruiters massively increase their appetite for learning as soon as COVID-19 hit last March, more than doubling their normal learning consumption in the following months,” said Johnny Campbell, CEO of Dublin-based SocialTalent, a learning platform for recruiters.
Recruiters spend their time rethinking talent strategy, learning new talent acquisition tools, and learning about topics like recruiting on platform like Linkedln.
Colleen Garnett, was a recruiter at a retirement community in Fort Myers, Florida recommends that recruiters in 2021 spend time developing skills in virtual interviewing, onboarding new hires, understanding talent metrics, and showing empathy and compassion.
Brought to you courtesy of MY HR Management, The Human Resources Company. Please visit/follow/like us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter! See our site at www.myhrmgmt.com . Contact us at 678-666-0333.